2014 Pennsylvania CDL Tests
Commercial Drivers License
Pennsylvania CDL Tests - CDL License Info
- today is
- our CDL Package
is guaranteed current for the next 90 days.
If you are NOT a resident of Pennsylvania ... click HERE for a link to YOUR STATE.
To obtain your Commercial Drivers License (CDL), you must first pass the Pennsylvania CDL Tests that apply to the type of commercial trucks or buses that you will be driving. The CDL Tests include a General Knowledge written examination
that everyone must pass, regardless of their particular Class of License,
ie: Class A, Class B, or Class C. There are also (7) seven additional CDL Tests covering endorsements including Combination Vehicles, Doubles
and Triples, Air Brakes, Passenger Vehicles, School Bus, Hazardous Materials
and Tank Vehicles. You only have to pass the CDL Tests that apply to your vehicle/load requirements. You will also be given a three-part Driving
Skills Test, including a Vehicle Pre-trip Inspection, Vehicle Control
and Road Test in a representative-type vehicle.
The Congress of the United States enacted The Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 (CMVSA/86) administered by the FMCSA which requires that all of the individual states conduct uniform testing and licensing standards for all commercial drivers. It also established uniform standards for qualification, suspensions, and revocation. It requires that no commercial vehicle operator may possess more than one license. That license MUST BE ISSUED FROM THE DRIVER'S STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE. Therefore, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania, you MUST obtain a Pennsylvania CDL. Our Course covers the specific Pennsylvania CDL procedures.
Don't keep putting it off.
You can download a free Pennsylvania CDL Handbook that will show you the type of material that the CDL tests are based on. The complete Pennsylvania CDL Course package will prepare you for your CDL tests complete with a Quick Review (bulleted items that you really must know) and Practice Test Questions with CORRECT Answers covering the whole pool of actual test questions asked on the CDL tests.
are including the following links to information that is specific to PENNSYLVANIA.
We try to include all available official links, however the State of PENNSYLVANIA often
change their webpages and/or the addressing of those webpages. We constantly
update these links, but from time to time they are not available due to recent
changes. If you are having problems with any of these links, try typing PENNSYLVANIA
OFFICIAL WEBSITE into your Google, Bing or Yahoo search engine and you should be able to find your "starting point" on their website. You should
be able to find the Commercial Drivers License information by typing in "CDL"
into their internal search (if available) or by following the Drivers License
Services links within their website. This is a great source of PENNSYLVANIA regulations,
forms, locations, contacts, etc.
A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) is Required if you drive ANY of the following commercial trucks or buses for hire ANY place in the United States . . .
To Be Eligible For A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) you must ...
- A vehicle with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs.
- A trailer with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs.
- A vehicle designed to carry 15 or more passengers (excluding the driver).
- A vehicle of ANY size or type which requires hazardous materials placards.
To Obtain Your License . . . you must first pass the Pennsylvania CDL Tests. Our CDL study course is the very best available. Completing the "Pennsylvania Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Course" guarantees a passing score on the Pennsylvania Commercial Drivers License (CDL) test.
PA CDL HOME
PA CDL TEST
PA CDL LICENSE FAQs
PA CDL COURSE
PA CDL TESTING
Advanced Tech Courses [email protected]
- Take and pass the mandatory Pennsylvania CDL license tests that apply to you.
- Be 21 years old (18 years old if ALL of your driving is within Pennsylvania and you do not transport hazardous materials or drive double or triple trailer rigs).
- Possess a valid medical certificate in accordance with MCSR regs. CFR 49 391.41.
- Certify that you do not hold a driver license from more than one state and certify that your driver license is not currently suspended, revoked, or canceled in ANY state, nor subject to any of these actions.
- Surrender your current driver license.
- Provide proof of your identification.
- Pay testing and licensing fees.
Copyright © 1996 - 2014 by Advanced Tech Courses. All rights reserved.